Recent media covererage of FRESH 3D Bioprinting
Our publication on FRESH 3D bioprinting in Science Advances, led by TJ Hinton and team, has been widely reported on. Here are links to recent articles and videos.
Please keep in mind that we are NOT yet printing functional human tissues, though that remains our goal and the FRESH printing process is an important step towards achieving that.
- CMU Press Release: Carnegie Mellon Researchers Hack Off-the-Shelf 3-D Printer Towards Rebuilding the Heart
- Bloomberg Business: This Professor Is Making Arteries With an Off-the-Shelf 3D Printer
- Science: 3D printing soft body parts: A hard problem that just got easier
- Live Science: Organs on Demand? 3D Printers Could Build Hearts, Arteries
- 3DPrint.com: Carnegie Mellon Researchers Hack & Refine Hardware to 3D Print Soft Tissue and Soon, Heart Muscle
- BBC News: Consumer 3D printer used to create human tissue (We are NOT printing human tissue)
- Hackaday: Printing Soft Body Tissue
- Nautilus: How Bioprinting Has Turned Frankenstein’s Mad Science Sane
Science Magazine: A 3D Printer for the Zombie Apocalypse: Brains, veins and hearts
Carnegie Mellon University: Soft Material Bioprinting